1. Rhizome transverse section: cork in two layers, cortex, endodermal region with its ring of vascular bundles, and numerous scattered vascular bundles.
2. Cork of two layers, the outer with irregularly shaped suberized cells and the inner one of radially arranged cells, and cortex (left) (ts).
3. Vascular bundle in the cortex (ts).
4. Endodermis and ring of vascular bundles to the interior of it (ts).
5. Fibers (polarized light, compensator first order) (ls).
6. Vessels (polarized light, compensator first order) (ls).
7. Undulating vessels (ls).
8. Secretory cells (ts).
9. Starch granules (polarized light, compensator first order).
Was this article helpful?