1. The answer is C. Somatic pain is well localized where as visceral pain is poorly localized with associated autonomic disturbances such as sweating bradycardia and hypotension.
2. The answer is A. He is suffering from S2 nerve root pain. Nerve root pain follows this distribution. It could be a result of disc prolapse, infection, or tumor.
3. The answer is A. Conjugate gaze testing assesses cranial nerves III, IV, and VI. The tests for II nerve are visual acuity and visual field testing. Trigeminal nerve controls the muscles of mastication.
4. The answer is B. It involves testing five areas of mental status: orientation, registration, attention and calculation, recall, and language. In the case of the last two responses, the opposites are true.
5. The answer is A. In SF-36, higher scores indicate better health. VAS and VRS are singledimension surveys, whereas BPI is a multi-dimensional survey.
Was this article helpful?