1. The answer is C. She has sustained a third-degree burn and the pain score can vary depending on age, gender, previous pain experience, and the degree of burn injury.
Treatment involves resuscitation, adequate pain relief, and surgical excision along with grafting.
2. The answer is D. Burn victims can experience pain directly due to injury, breakthrough pain, procedural pain, and post-surgical pain. Preemptive analgesia should be administered sufficiently early before a planned procedure such as a dressing change.
3. The answer is B. TCA (tricyclic antidepressants) have latent onset and generally are not very useful in an acute setting.
4. The answer is A. Opioid tolerance can lead to breakthrough pain.
5. The answer is C. Thoracic epidural can be used for effective analgesia in flail chest.
Was this article helpful?
Learning About How To Defeat Depression Can Have Amazing Benefits For Your Life And Success! Discover ways to cope with depression and melancholic tendencies! Depression and anxiety particularly have become so prevalent that it’s exceedingly common for individuals to be taking medication for one or even both of these mood disorders.