Depending upon its severity, pain might be treated in a number of ways. Symptomatic options for the treatment of pain might include one or more of the following:
• Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), a specific type of painkiller such as Motrin1® (Pfizer, New York, NY) or Aleve® (Bayer Pharmaceuticals, Morristown, NJ)
• Acetaminophen (such as Tylenol®R ; Ortho-McNeil-Janssen, New Brunswick, NJ)
• Opioids (such as morphine or codeine)
• Localized anesthetic (a shot of a painkiller medicine into the area of the pain)
• Nerve blocks (the blocking of a group of nerves with local anesthetics)
• Electrical stimulation
• Physical therapy
Was this article helpful?
Learning About 10 Ways Fight Off Cancer Can Have Amazing Benefits For Your Life The Best Tips On How To Keep This Killer At Bay Discovering that you or a loved one has cancer can be utterly terrifying. All the same, once you comprehend the causes of cancer and learn how to reverse those causes, you or your loved one may have more than a fighting chance of beating out cancer.