1. Describe two methods of radioactive decay that lack the production of charged nuclear particles. Why are such decay processes desirable for producing diagnostic images?
2. A physician requests a ventilation scan and a perfusion scan for a patient with a suspected pulmonary embolism. What radiopharmaceuticals will be used for this procedure and how do they localize in the region of interest?
3. What are the properties of the radioisotopes used in a dual isotope stress test?
4. A production lot of F-18 FDG is calibrated at 50 mCi/mL at 6 am. What is the activity per milliliter by 10:30 am later the same day?
5. What are the properties associated with x-ray, MRI, or ultrasound contrast agents that provide each class with the desirable characteristics for producing diagnostic images?
Was this article helpful?