Portions of this text were taken from Dr. Eugene Isaacson's chapter in the 11th edition of this book.
1. What is the mechanism of action of the benzodiazepines?
2. What is the mechanism by which antipsychotics work?
3. What pharmacokinetic properties are shared by most of the antipsychotic drugs?
4. Which benzodiazepines shown below is/are short acting?
5. Which of the following drugs is/are metabolized to a compound that will continue to have significant sedative and hypnotic effect?
Was this article helpful?
Tips And Tricks For Relieving Anxiety... Fast Everyone feels anxious sometimes. Whether work is getting to us or we're simply having hard time managing all that we have to do, we can feel overwhelmed and worried that we might not be able to manage it all. When these feelings hit, we don't have to suffer. By taking some simple steps, you can begin to create a calmer attitude, one that not only helps you feel better, but one that allows you the chance to make better decisions about what you need to do next.